MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 980 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Staff Accountant position.
This position under direct supervision, prepares and processes payables and miscellaneous general ledger entries ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Provides support to the organization through the completion of routine bookkeeping and accounting tasks. Reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Receives accounts payable invoices in accordance with established procedures, policies, and guidelines; matches invoices to receiving documents and purchase orders to confirm receipt and determine accuracy of billing.
- Posts accounts payables in accounts system and updates system as required by established standards; maintains up-to-date files through a document management system.
- Processes, prepares, prints, and mails payment checks as required; processes and posts manual checks as needed.
- Contacts various groups and individuals concerning accounts payable issues; communicates with other departments and vendors to discuss and resolve accounts payable issues.
- Performs various tasks to process expenses; codes to budget accounts; verifies totals to ensure accuracy; obtains appropriate signatures; audits invoices as necessary.
- Performs day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, coding, computing and posting accounts payables data.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payable status.
- Assist in reconciling the monthly bank statement for deposit accuracy.
- Provide support for internal audits.
- Provide back up support to the Customer Service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Greater than three (3) years’ experience in accounting.
- Experience in a governmental environment.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.