Project Manager II
Project Manager II
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a seven-member Commission that operates and maintains approximately 1,500 miles of sanitary sewer mains and 23 sewer pump stations within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Project Manager II.
The Project Manager II position is responsible for the overall management and quality control of multiple capital projects simultaneously for the organization with minimal supervision. This position reports to the Capital Program Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of managing multiple projects with multiple contractors.
- Knowledgeable with State and Federal grant funding.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and contract documents on construction projects.
- Coordinates with engineering consultant during design, bid and construction phases of projects.
- Monitors scope, schedules, and budget for projects.
- Performs field investigations to assess project quality, crew performance, and adherence to safety requirements.
- Coordinates right of way acquisition for all projects with attorney and right of way agent.
- Reviews and recommends approval of pay requests and change orders for engineering consultants and contractors.
- Performs studies, cost analysis, and homeowner surveys for capital projects.
- Oversees encroachment permits for County and South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT).
- Assists in the analysis and preparation of sewer rehabilitation projects.
- Coordinates with the County and SCDOT on roadway widenings, relocation, etc.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design and construction standards and specifications.
- Prepares and processes various reports and records including special reports, budgets, contracts, agreements, statistical analysis, special studies, business correspondence, letters, policy and procedure statements, technical standards and specifications, maps, and project drawings.
- Performs and/or participates in public relations functions.
- Interacts, present and communicates with a variety of individuals and groups to include the Board of Commissioners, customers, County/State departments, other wastewater utilities and other utility service providers, contractors, plumbers, developers, consulting engineers, co-workers, attorneys, etc.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field with eight (8) years’ experience in wastewater collection system design, construction, operations and maintenance, and project management.
- Currently licensed Professional Engineer (PE) by the State of South Carolina or can obtain it within two (2) years of hire.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Master’s degree
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS, Cityworks, I/I, MACP, PACP, LACP, and construction administration.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.