MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a seven-member Commission that operates and maintains 1,400 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Development Project Engineer position.
The Development Project Engineer (DPE), under general supervision, is responsible for providing technical assistance and review in the civil engineering field for sanitary sewer new construction, which includes development project designs and data analysis. The DPE coordinates developer design projects from initial requests for flow and connection to the Metro sewer system through job completion. The DPE position reports to the Development Projects Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a review of plans and capacity availability for developer-funded projects to ensure compliance with both Metro Sanitary Sewer Standards and Procedures.
- Maintains files for developer-funded projects (subdivisions); conducts searches for official records concerning the property and utility easements/rights-of-way; calculates fees for commercial connections, etc. within the Metro’s service area.
- Interacts with a variety of individuals and groups including co-workers, customers, County and State departments, other wastewater utilities and districts, other utility service providers, contractors, plumbers, developers, consulting engineers, attorneys, etc.
- Receives and reviews various reports and documents including fees, capacity study documents, DHEC permits, property owner records, utility easements, and rights-of-way.
- Utilizes the asset management system to create and complete work orders, child work orders, and tasks to and from other internal departments.
- Coordinates with applicants seeking sewer connection permits. Reviews connection permit applications and processes connection permits.
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field, with two (2) years experience in wastewater collection system design and construction, or a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, or equivalent combinations of education, skills, and experience.
- Excellent computer skills, communication skills, and a professional demeanor required.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to follow oral and written directions, well organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS), AutoCAD, and the asset management system software Cityworks preferred.
- Experience with development projects and permitting as it pertains to utilities preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.