Operations and Maintenance Director
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 660 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Operations and Maintenance Director.
The O&M Director position is responsible for performing operation and maintenance duties on a professional level and works closely with management supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: field operations, procurement and logistical support, employee and customer complaints, and schedules training and safety programs. Reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Responsible for oversight of employee training and development to ensure employees are successfully cross-trained.
- Tracks O&M through the asset management system to include but not limited to; creating and completing work orders, child work orders, tasks, and inspections.
- Uses the asset maintenance system and other operating systems to generate reports, produce summaries and perform database housekeeping chores as appropriate.
- Acts as initial O&M department public relations contact regarding customer complaints; directs and sets priorities regarding such complaints with the complainant and the COO and follows such complaints until the situation is resolved.
- Works with a safety consultant to develop department safety and technical training programs in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations and capable of maintaining adequately qualified.
- Works directly with the COO on issues regarding the organization.
- Solicits proposals and quotations from outside contractors; oversees, inspects, and recommends payment of outsourced work as appropriate and needed.
- Issues work orders to sub-contractor to provide additional maintenance or miscellaneous construction.
- Prepares and processes various reports and records including letters, specifications, project cost reports, work orders, and training reports.
- Represents the organization while interacting and communicating with a variety of individuals and groups outside of the organization, to negotiate joint work projects, provide continuity of effort between jurisdictions and ensure effective operations between the organization and other public service agencies.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring for the O&M department.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in sewer management and public works, including supervisory experience.
- Professional demeanor and good communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow-up, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment and Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442. Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.