O&M Crew Member
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 980 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time O&M Crew Member position.
The position under direct supervision performs inspection and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system on a daily basis. Inspections are performed as required by preventative maintenance programs and in response to system failures in emergency situations. Reports to the O&M Foreman.
- Performs line cleaning/washing and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system and pump stations.
- Performs various construction and maintenance tasks to include, excavation, moving and compacting dirt, installing and assembling pipes and pipe fittings, cutting concrete, removing debris, grease and roots from sewer lines, locating lines and manholes and raising/lowering manholes.
- Operates CCTV equipment to inspect sewer system on a daily basis.
- Ability to utilize the Sewer Line-Rapid Assessment Tool (SL-RAT).
- Complies with all safety rules, policies and procedures established by the organization and OSHA regulations.
- Conducts field investigations to verify mapping.
- Conducts manhole inspections.
- Cross-trains in the use of all the sewer line maintenance equipment.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner and ensures that equipment used is in safe and operating condition in accordance with the organization and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards.
- Produces daily reports of inspections completed as required.
- Provides traffic direction during projects, including but not limited to traffic direction, setting up work zones, establishing barricades and signs at job sites as required etc.
- Receives and accepts training and advice from all managers.
- Serves on-call for emergency situations.
- Transports motorized equipment to and from job sites.
- Utilizes mapping system to locate sewer system.
- Utilizes the asset management system to include but not limited to creating and completing work orders, child work orders, tasks, and inspections.
- High school diploma
- Possess a valid South Carolina commercial driver’s license or the ability to acquire one within three months of employment.
Salary is negotiable based on knowledge and experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.