Human Resource Specialist
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 980 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time HR Specialist position.
This position under direct supervision, works with all HR related areas including prepare and process payroll, benefits, employment and regulatory compliance, and training support ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Reports to the HR Manager.
- Associates degree, preferably in HR or related fields.
- Three (3) years in a HR role.
- Experience processing payroll, record keeping, FMLA, Workers’ Comp and benefits.
- Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate a professional demeanor and confidential handling of all employee information.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to follow oral and written directions, well-organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Beneficial Skills and Expertise
- Greater than three (3) years of experience in HR.
- Experience in a governmental environment.
- Experience in an HR department handling payroll, benefits, and employee relations issues.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.