MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 670 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst position.
Under general supervision, the GIS Analyst is responsible for providing GIS analysis, data maintenance, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), and custom GIS solutions for the organization and support sanitary sewer system operations. The GIS Analyst reports to the GIS Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the GIS data for the sanitary sewer system.
- Develops, deploys, and maintains GIS solutions within ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Works to improve GIS data accessibility across the organization.
- Develops and maintains GIS-related processes using Model Builder and Python.
- Incorporates global navigation satellite system (GNSS) field data and traditional survey data into the GIS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Geography, or closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in GIS utilizing ESRI software.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of GNSS and field data collection.
- Basic understanding of SQL and Python scripting related to GIS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.