MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district governed by a seven-member Commission that operates and maintains approximately 1,500 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Engineering Inspector position.
The Engineering Inspector will effectively inspect, monitor, and control multiple projects simultaneously for the organization. The position will perform engineering tasks related to projects and provide technical support for engineering operations. This position reports to the Construction Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of managing multiple projects with multiple contractors.
- Reviews approved construction plans, specifications, and contract documents on construction projects.
- Performs periodic field investigations to assess project quality, crew performance, and adherence to safety requirements.
Annual Maintenance Projects
- Manages and inspects repairs performed within the organization’s annual maintenance contracts.
- Coordinates with property owners and other utilities.
- Performs inspections and ensures compliance with organization standards.
- Reviews and recommends approval of pay requests in accordance with annual maintenance contracts.
- Conducts pre-construction conference with developer’s engineer and contractor.
- Reviews submittal information (shop drawings, construction drawings, and contracts).
- Enters data documenting meeting dates and contractor information into database.
- Provides periodic inspection and documentation.
- Attends and witnesses testing performed by developer’s engineer and contractor.
- Attends final inspection and reviews record drawings prepared by the developer’s engineer for completeness.
- Inspects and coordinates with the plumber for installation of the cleanouts for all new sewer services.
- Performs various general office duties.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design and construction standards and specifications.
- Operates and utilizes various equipment and tools including vehicles, computers, printers, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Engineering Inspector I
- Associate’s degree in civil engineering or related fields, or five (5) years of experience in the field of wastewater collection system inspection, and/or operation and maintenance. Other inspection experience may also be considered.
Engineering Inspector II
- Associate’s degree in civil engineering or related fields and five (5) years of experience in wastewater collection system design, construction, operations and maintenance, or program management; or ten (10) years of experience in wastewater collection system inspection, construction, operations and maintenance. Other inspection experience may also be considered.
Both I and II
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills (record keeping, work orders, time management, follow up, etc.).
- Strong leadership, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to interact with departments throughout the organization, multi-task, and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- BlueBeam, Cityworks, GIS, MS Excel, MS Word, AutoCAD.
Position level (I or II) is determined based on education and experience. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442. Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.