MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 1,000 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Engineering Director position.
The position is responsible for the management of the Engineering Department. This position directly oversees the Development Projects Manager, Construction Manager, and Capital Projects Manager personnel, services, and activities including but not limited to engineering, asset management, construction, inspection, capacity assurance and Infiltration and Inflow (I/I) analysis related to sanitary sewer operations, maintenance and capital expansion; overseeing new development and construction programs; and development and management of all projects and budgets within the Engineering Department. The Engineering Director provides assistance and support for administrative and management operations. Reports to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
- Currently licensed Professional Engineer by the State of South Carolina.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and ten (10) years experience, eight (8) years in a supervisor role, with direct exposure to utility/civil engineering in a wastewater system operation and maintenance atmosphere.
- Must possess excellent organizational/logistics management skills.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to multi-task, and be well organized.
- Must have a working knowledge of Cityworks and GIS.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Professional demeanor and good communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Greater than five (5) years experience in a supervisor position with direct exposure to utility/civil engineering in a wastewater system operation.
- Master’s Degree
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.