Digital Media Specialist
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 980 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Digital Media Specialist position.
This position under direct supervision serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website, intranet, and social media channels managing a range of responsibilities that may include routine site maintenance; planning, researching, writing, and editing content for the company website and intranet site; developing a social media calendar and planning, researching, writing, and editing content for those channels. Reports to the Communications and Public Relations Manager.
- Assists the Communications and Public Relations Manager and collaborates with internal and external teams and partners on marketing strategy.
- Helps identify marketing trends and innovative ideas.
- Coordinates, updates and maintains the organization’s website.
- Uses social media for better organization presence.
- Develops and implements a social media strategy that includes a social media calendar and creation of social media content.
- Researches and writes press releases and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Adhere to the company’s brand guidelines to ensure the production of high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal teams and partners to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a public relations role or related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to successfully complete projects.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Must exhibit strong computer skills and at least a basic understanding of communications design, must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, and WordPress.
- Working knowledge of using a website content management system.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.