MetroConnects is a special purpose district governed by a five member Commission that operates and maintains 651 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. MetroConnects is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Crew Member position.
The O&M Crew Member performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled general maintenance, construction and clearing activities for the District.
- Cutting trees and brush on easements, excavation, moving and compacting dirt
- Installing and assembling pipes and pipe fittings and cutting concrete
- Removing debris, grease and roots from sewer lines, locating lines and manholes
- Transport motorized equipment to and from job sites
- Respond to emergency duty call as required
- Raise and lower manholes for paving projects
- Establish barricades and signs at job sites as required
- Assist with system testing
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of shop and work area
- Assist in construction and repair of system as needed
- Pick up supplies and equipment as required
- Conduct field investigations to verify mapping
- High school diploma
- Possess a valid South Carolina commercial driver’s license or the ability to acquire within three months of employment.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. MetroConnects offers a competitive benefits package including SC State Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment and MetroConnects also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
MetroConnects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position click here.