In the interest of the health and well-being of all, we continue to monitor and take measured actions to mitigate the potential impacts of COVID-19 on our operations at MetroConnects. While we understand this is a trying time for many, we are taking proactive steps to keep everyone healthy and safe.
The MetroConnects office is closed to the public until further notice, as this is an evolving crisis. However, staff is working from their homes to continue providing our valued service and to ensure a timely response for services and calls.
- Operations and Maintenance crews are responding to emergency calls to ensure continued operations of our sewer service.
- Customer service is continuing to issue sewer permits. To ensure timely delivery of your sewer permit, please complete the online application. A staff member will coordinate a time for permits to be picked up at the MetroConnects Office.
- MetroConnects is now accepting online credit card payments for sewer permits. A link and instructions for completing an online payment will be sent to the email address indicated on the form. If you have any questions, please call (864) 277-4442.
- Engineering will TEMPORARILY accept development plans electronically. Please send plans to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If your file is larger than 20MB, please email a link to an FTP site. Comments will be returned electronically. Once normal operations resume, electronic submissions will no longer be accepted.
- All development projects currently under construction will be periodically visited by a MetroConnects Engineering Inspector. Personnel from the design engineering firm must be present for construction observation and testing. Testing times and dates MUST be coordinated with MetroConnects’ Engineering Inspector, Tim Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org. MetroConnects will not be required to witness testing, however, the design engineer is required to be present during all testing. If the design engineer is not available, testing will need to be rescheduled.
- Final Inspections will be accessed on a case-by-case basis and may be postponed until further notice, as this is an evolving crisis.
- CCTV will have limited availability until further notice, as this is an evolving crisis.
If you have a sewer emergency, please call MetroConnects at (864) 277-4442. Crews are available to respond 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
Any changes to our hours of operation will be posted as they occur. Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time. We look forward to resuming normal operations as quickly as possible.