Human Resource Generalist
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 660 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Human Resource Generalist.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits, employment, regulatory compliance, policies, procedures, training and development. The position reports to the Finance Director.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws including those pertaining to employment discrimination, equal pay, family and medical leave, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), new hire reporting, and accommodations for disabled workers and workplace safety;
- Responds to internal and external requests for information regarding local, state and federal personnel laws and resolutions;
- Create, improve, and enforce applicable personnel-related policies and procedures;
- Coordinate and update studies and employee handbook
- Support and advise management regarding human resource practices, and disciplinary actions;
- Manage employee relations and address employee grievances;
- Coordinate and facilitate hiring, dismissals, promotions, and reassignments,
- Prepare, maintain and update job descriptions;
- Conduct background checks and schedule drug screenings;
- Develop and maintain all employee records to meet operating, legal and compliance standards.
- Assist employees with all payroll related questions and leave time accruals and balances;
- Enter salary changes in payroll system and other databases;
- Approve and process federal and state withholding tax changes;
- Ensure employee deductions, payroll levies and garnishment changes are paid and properly reported;
- Manage, reconcile and monitor weekly, quarterly, and annual payroll activity.
- Reconcile all benefit programs such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, state retirement, and workers compensation;
- Provide support, information, and planning for employees and retirees;
- Coordinate and process yearly open enrollment;
- Review monthly benefit reports and invoices.
- Coordinate with management regarding training needs and requirements;
- Provide support for conference registration and travel;
- Facilitate employee training, development programs and licensing requirements.
- Collect information related to safety, workplace injuries and fatalities, hazardous materials and complex machinery, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) logs and post the annual OSHA summary;
- Support and advise management regarding workers’ compensation and employee assistance programs;
- HR certification, Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field, or successful completion of Associates Degree and 2 additional years relevant experience;
- Operate a personal computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data, utilizing Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and other software;
- Operate general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions;
- Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment and Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to email@example.com. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer