Engineering Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 650 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Project Manager position.
Provides technical support for engineering operations and management of MetroConnects projects. Reports to the Engineering Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in project identification and preparation of needed projects.
- Assists in the acquisition of funding for projects.
- Ensures compliance with funding requirements.
- Coordinates public meetings as necessary.
- Coordinates, reviews, and processes all funding agreements.
Manages Consulting Engineers
- Prepares and reviews RFPs for engineering services.
- Selects consulting engineer and negotiates contracts to control fees.
- Manages consulting engineer during the design and construction phases.
- Reviews and processes consulting engineers invoices.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Ensures completion of permitting.
- Analyzes and presents consulting engineers recommendations for contract awards.
Manages Right of Way Acquisition
- Directs consulting engineer in the preparation of right of way exhibits and supporting information.
- Coordinates right of way acquisition with attorney and right of way agent.
- Obtains appraisals if necessary.
- Processes right of way approval and payment.
- Reviews and processes payment invoices.
- Attends all project meetings.
- Performs periodic and final inspections on projects.
- Oversees consulting engineer’s management of construction contractors.
- Reviews and processes all contractor pay requests and change orders.
- Ensures final CCTV inspection and review of projects completed by the consulting engineer and confirms all defects are corrected.
- Ensures receipt of Permit to Operate.
- Obtains record drawings and processes all final paperwork ensuring data entry into the Metro system (i.e. GIS, construction database, and warranty inspection).
Miscellaneous support to the Engineering Director
- Generates monthly reports on projects.
- Provides technical assistance and support for engineering operations.
- Performs miscellaneous engineering tasks.
- Performs and assists in engineering design and analysis.
- Performs studies, cost analysis, and homeowner surveys for capital projects.
- Performs and/or participates in public relations functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field with project management experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or EIT by the State of South Carolina is preferred.
- Experience in wastewater collection system design and or construction is preferred.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
To apply for this job, click here.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.