MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 660 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available fulltime Engineering Manager position.
The Engineering Manager position is responsible for the overall management and quality control of the engineering department. The Engineering Manager will also provide technical
guidance and support for all engineering operations. Reports to the Engineering Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, supervise, mentor and develop Project Managers, Development Project Engineers, and Engineering Inspectors to deliver results and meet goals.
- Assist Engineering Director with preparing and managing the annual budget for the engineering department including maintenance, rehabilitation and capital projects.
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Oversee Metro’s Sanitary Sewer Standards and Procedures Manual.
- Oversee system asset management utilizing the work order asset management system with geographic information system (GIS) to support operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Represent the engineering department and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Coordinate departmental activities with other utilities, alliances and State and County regulatory officials/departments.
- Prepare, receive, review and process various documents and records including State/Federal regulations, contracts, easements, invoices, work orders, GIS data, technical study reports, engineering plans and drawings, correspondence, bids, proposals, production reports, survey information, subdivision plans, permits, budget expenditure reports, attendance records, etc.
- Oversee system capacity assurance program.
Wet Weather Program
- Oversee and manage the wet weather program.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Director and the O&M department on goals and planning.
- Prepare the annual O&M Report and I/I presentation for Renewable Water Resources (ReWa).
- Licensed Professional Engineer by the State of South Carolina is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with experience in the field of wastewater collection system design, construction, or O&M.
- Working knowledge of a GIS software is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cityworks or other asset management systems is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and logistics management skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to multi-task, and well organized.
- Good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Greater than five (5) years’ experience in a supervisor position with direct exposure to utility/civil engineering in a wastewater system operation.
- Master’s Degree.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including South Carolina Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442. Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.