MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains 650 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Engineer position.
The Engineer position is responsible for the management of the Wet Weather Program and providing technical assistance and support for all engineering operations. Reports to the Engineering Director
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Wet Weather Program:
- Oversee and manage flow meter and other Infiltration and Inflow (I&I) related calculations.
- Create and edit sewer basin boundaries within the Geographical Information System (GIS) software.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Director and the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Department on goals and planning.
- Prepare the annual O&M Report and presentation for ReWa.
- Provide coordination with ReWa as necessary
Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Survey (SSES) Program:
- Identify systems and track progress.
- Provide quality control and review of data.
- Manage engineering consultant and SSES project evaluation and Preliminary Engineering Report.
- Coordinate with Engineering Director and O&M on goals and planning.
Manages SSES Evaluation:
- Coordinate with engineering consultants during evaluation, design, and construction phases.
- Oversee system asset management (Cityworks)
- Manage project budgets and scheduling.
- Provide quality control for plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Provide quality control and recommend approval of pay requests and change orders.
Oversees Find & Fix Program
- Coordinate with Engineering Technician, Contractor and O&M staff.
- Oversee emergency and maintenance contracts.
- Receive and review information from O&M for potential repairs and determine the scope of repair projects.
- Assist with Metro’s construction standards and specifications.
- Provide technical support for the Engineering Department.
- Provide assistance with analysis and review of pump stations.
- Use of Cityworks or other Work Order Asset Management systems preferred.
- Interact and communicate with a variety of individuals and groups to include the Board of Commissioners, co-workers, customers, County/State departments, other waste water utilities and districts, other utility service providers, contractors, plumbers, developers, consulting engineers, attorneys, etc.
- Licensed Professional Engineer by the State of South Carolina.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with experience in the field of wastewater collection system design, or O&M.
- Working knowledge of a GIS software.
- Excellent organizational/logistics management skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to multi-task and well-organized
- Good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job, click here.