Development Project Engineer
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five member Commission that operates and maintains 650 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Development Project Engineer position.
Under general supervision, is responsible for providing technical assistance and review in the civil engineering field for sanitary sewer new construction which includes project designs and data analysis. Coordinates developer design projects from initial requests for flow and connection to District pipelines until job completion. Reports to the Engineering Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides District review of plans for developer funded projects to ensure compliance with Metro Standards and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining files for all developer construction projects (subdivisions); conducts searches for official records concerning property and utility easements/right-of-ways; calculates impact fees for commercial connections, etc. within the District.
- Assists with and records engineering changes in subdivision records.
- Receives, reviews and analyzes various reports and documents including impact tap fees, study documents, DHEC permits, property owner records, etc.
- Prepares and processes connection permits, sewer maps, reviews subdivision project drawings, encroachments permits and mapping project reports.
- Operates and utilizes various equipment and tools in the performance of duties including a computer, printer, and motor vehicle.
- Provides assistance and guidance to general public both in person and over the telephone.
- Issues sewer connection permits.
- Assist with Metro’s construction standards and specifications.
- Provide technical support for the Engineering Department.
- Provide assistance with analysis and review of pump stations.
- Use of Cityworks or other Work Order Asset Management systems preferred.
- Interact and communicate with a variety of individuals and groups to include the Board of Commissioners, co-workers, customers, County/State departments, other waste water utilities and districts, other utility service providers, contractors,
- plumbers, developers, consulting engineers, attorneys, etc.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or EIT by the State of South Carolina is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Experience in wastewater collection system design, construction, or O&M is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a GIS software.
- Excellent organizational/logistics management skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to multi-task, and well-organized.
- Good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville, SC 29605 Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job, click here.