Administrative Engineering Assistant
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a five-member Commission that operates and maintains over 650 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville and Anderson Counties in South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the
available full-time Administrative Engineering Assistant position.
The Administrative Engineering Assistant position is responsible for assisting the Engineering Director and staff with technical assistance and support for all engineering operations. This position reports to the Engineering Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates activities and/or provides administrative support for the department which
requires an understanding of complex processes, data, and/or operations of the department.
- Receives inquiries from the public by letter, phone and in-person and furnishes
information or directs inquiries to the proper source.
- Performs administrative duties utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cityworks, Outlook
and file management software and GIS mapping.
- Assists and maintains engineering/construction contracts and invoice/budget tracking for
- Schedules and assists with department meetings, presentations, and special events.
- Provides detailed responses to requests for information; reviews and updates
- Assists the public by providing customer service.
- Coordinates work with other departments as needed to provide smooth workflow and
exchange of information.
- Receives project invoices and distributes to project manager for approval. Processes and
files approved invoice for payment.
- Prepares and sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
- Attends and records minutes for various meetings.
- Prepares engineering presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Engineering Director or General Manager.
Private Development Projects:
- Tracks private development projects through Cityworks. To include but not limited to;
submittal dates, returned with comments dates, Plan Approval Letter and Final
- Interacts and communicates with a variety of individuals and groups to include the
Board of Commissioners, co-workers, customers, County/State departments, other waste
water utilities and districts, other utility service providers, contractors, plumbers,
developers, consulting engineers, attorneys, etc.
- High School diploma with 4 years’ experience or associate degree with 2 years’
- Excellent computer skills and software is required.
- Strong working knowledge of a GIS and Cityworks software is preferred.
- Excellent organizational/logistics management skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, able to multi-task, and well organized.
- Good interpersonal skills and maintain professional candor at all times.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including
SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance
is provided. A background check and drug screening is a condition of employment. Metro also
conducts random drug screening during employment.
Resumes may be mailed or dropped off at MetroConnects, 120 Augusta Arbor Way, Greenville,
SC 29605; Attn: Human Resources; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide
references. For additional information, please call 864-277-4442.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.